What is CBD?
If you’re in the boxing game, then you’ve probably heard – or even seen - CBD popping up on a more regular basis, as it grows in popularity both in the fight community, and the mainstream public too.
But what is CBD?
CBD is a natural extract (cannabinoid) found in the cannabis plant, however, it is unlike what people typically think of when it comes to cannabis. CBD does not produce a high or any psychoactive effects and is instead linked to a range of therapeutic benefits
There is a wide range of different ways that CBD can be taken, but the most effective and fast-acting is in the form of oil drops which can be taken a couple of times per day.
How does CBD help with boxing?
So CBD has a range of great benefits, but how does it help with boxing? Well, each individual uses CBD for their own reasons, on their own schedule, however, there are a wide variety of different ways in which boxers have reported CBD helping them.
- Inflammation— CBD is a natural anti-inflammatory, which means that it can help with the swelling and pain associated with training or competition. The reduction of swelling allows faster recovery and a return to peak performance.
- Anxiety—Many boxers suffer from anxiety and stress during competition. CBD has been shown in some cases to help alleviate these symptoms by lessening the brain's response to fear or stressors. The anti-inflammatory properties also help some people with reducing the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Sleep— Some people find that taking CBD helps aid with sleep by acting as an analgesic and sedative when ingested at night before bedtime. Sleep is particularly important for recovery and performance in boxers, so getting a good night’s rest can make all the difference.
- Focus— Some find that the above also helps with focus, allowing boxers to keep that mental edge in the ring, whether sparring or on fight night.
- Memory— Some evidence has shown improved memory function when taking CBD, which is particularly important to boxers when it comes to strategy.
- Mood— An improved mood can help a boxer put in those extra hours in the gym, and give them the extra confidence to go out and perform at their very best.
Can you use CBD oil before and after training?
One of the key things about CBD is that it is not psychoactive. This means that it does not cause a high or any other side effects like feeling sleepy or dizzy. Therefore, you can safely use CBD oil before and after training without worrying about any negative effects on your performance in the gym or ring.
It is also not a drug and is 100% legal which reduces the risk of running into any problems with rule-breaking that may come with other supplements.
Top boxers endorse CBD.
So all of this sounds great, but don’t just take our word for it, there are plenty of real-life examples out there of professional boxers reaping the benefits of CBD usage.
In fact here at Elite CBD, we work closely with professional boxers Mikael Lawal and Rob Evans. Mikael and Rob have fought in front of huge audiences in their careers, and both use our CBD oil as part of their training regime, which has helped them to achieve the fantastic records they have.
Want to go even further? Well, even boxing legend “Iron” Mike Tyson spoke about his use of cannabinoids for wellness in the past!
Ready to give it a try?
Ready to give CBD oil a try and see the benefits it brings to your in-ring work? Then please feel free to browse our range of high quality, lab-tested CBD oils, available in a selection of strengths to suit your workout regime. We also offer free shipping on all UK orders and 10% off if you spend over £120.
For more information regarding CBD for boxing or any of the products that we stock, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and our friendly team will be happy to help.